I found a new website called SparkPeople.com. It’s a free online weight loss community. I just joined early this week but it seems pretty awesome. Here are some of the features it has:
- Nutrition Tracker- You can track you food that you have eaten for the day. Just type in a food and they calculate the calories, carbs and fat. You can also choose to follow a meal plan that they make for you. The meal plan is totally customizable and you can add or remove items. They also give you a goal of calories you should be eating daily.
- Fitness Tracker- You can track your daily fitness, cardio and strength. They will also provide you with an exercise plan if you want and tell you how many calories you need to burn. They provide you with a list of different exercises and how to do each one. These are customizable as well.
- Spark Teams- They have teams you can join. In each team there are discussion forums, goals and challenges. They have a bunch of different teams based on health problems, age groups, geography and much more.
- Rewards- Spark People has an award system. You have many opportunities to earn points and trophies for doing certain things. On your home page there’s a wheel you can spin daily to earn points.
- Challenges-The website also has challenges you can join and complete. I just joined one called 5K Your Way Walk/Jog Training Program. It gives a schedule to train for a 5k in 5 weeks. At the end of the week you can do a race (on your own) and report it on the website.
These are just a few of the things I’ve discovered on the website so far. There’s still a lot more on the website that I haven’t had time to look at. It looks like it’s going to be a very helpful website in my journey. Check it out. Join it, it’s FREE. If you join add me as a friend. SparkPeople.com