Tag Archives: fitness
I never got a chance to post my New Years Resolutions. Or I like to think of them as goals. I got the flu really bad two days before Christmas and it lasted until a few days after the new year. I still have a cough that acts up on cold days and I’ve gotten busy with work. All this has put me in a non-blogging mood. Right now I should be in bed, but apparently a blogging mood has struck! Anyways, I’ve come up with some health conscious resolutions that I hope to fulfill this year. I’ve been thinking about them for a while and have decided that these will be good to get me healthy and into shape.
Since 2012 I have been sick off and on. I was extremely sick for most of 2012, had my surgery in October of that year and then spent most of last year recovering and being sick. I think having the surgery kind of threw my immune system out of whack. I’ve never gotten that sick that often in my life. This year I hope to do as much as I can to prevent that. My weight also went up and down a lot. In 2012, when I first got sick, I lost quite a bit of weight in a small amount of time. After the surgery I gained it all back and then some; and by some I mean a lot. This is where these goals come in.
- Develop a better sleep pattern. My main problem I have is getting enough sleep. I’ve battled with insomnia for most of my life and I want to finally get it under control this year. I think once I start sleeping better, my other goals will fall into place.
- Take my vitamins. This sounds small, but I found out from the doctor last year that I was actually deficient and a few important vitamins (D, B-12, Omega-3). So taking my vitamins well help get me healthy again.
- Develop a healthier eating habit. This one is hard especially as a hairstylist. We tend to just eat when we can and what we can. I want to get into the habit of taking my lunch to work, as well as a few healthy snacks. I also want to make sure that I eat throughout the day instead of waiting until I’m starving and then binging of junk food. As well as kick my habit of eating out after I get off work. I’m usually too tired to cook, so I’ll start making my dinners on my days off to last the week.
- Start exercising again. I’ll admit I haven’t exercised in a while. I’ve either been to sick or too excuse-y (yeah I just made that word up. It means being full of too many excuses for not doing something.) to exercise. I’m going to start small and ease my way back into it. That way I won’t give up too quickly.
- Stop being excuse-y. I tend to talk myself out of things by coming up with a million excuses. I want that to stop. I’m going to drop the excuses and just do it. Like Nike says.
Well these are the goals that I have so far. What are some of your New Years Goals?
Yet again I am slacking on this blog. On the plus side, my other blog is doing good [http://madisonsfrivolousthoughts.wordpress.com/]. I will come back to this blog after the new year [just a few weeks away]. I haven’t gotten back on track yet with my eating and exercise. I’m making a recipe book and meals plans though to get me back. Right now I’ll still post motivation and funnies.
Last Week: 213.6
This Week: 213.2
Total Loss: 0.4
Last week and this week I’ve been trying to cut gluten. It’s been hard, but it’s going good. I’m doing it slowly, only doing 2 or 3 days completely gluten-free. Eventually everyday will be gluten-free. On the days I do eat gluten I still try not to over do it. I’m also trying to cut back on my sugar. That’s going to take time as well.
I’m still juicing. I try do do one juice a day. I’ve been experimenting with different fruits and veggies and trying to find combinations that I like. I still haven’t noticed any drastic changes yet. I haven’t noticed that I have a little more energy so that’s good.
I still have yet to start training for my 5k. It’s coming up soon, October 19th. It’s been hard because I’ve been tired a lot lately and it’s so hot here in Florida. Enough excuses! I’m just going to get out there and start walking. The hardest thing for me is getting up early to go walking before it gets too hot. I’m trying to discipline myself to go to bed earlier. That’s my other problem, I’m a night owl. Well I don’t work until 3pm tomorrow so that will give me enough time to get up and go even if it’s not early in the morning. I’ll just wear light clothes.
I started my juicing yesterday. It was a lot harder than I thought.
My day stated at noon. I slept in a little because I didn’t sleep well the night before. I didn’t quite follow my exact juicing schedule I had planned out. This was my menu for the day:
Watermelon Crush-1/2 a watermelon and one lime.
- 6-8 kale leaves
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 1 green apple
- 1 cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon
Half a papaya and mixed berry smoothie.
The other half of my papaya smoothie.
I probably should have had a lot more juice, but I was too hungry and too weak to make too much. I was also really tired and really grouchy. I have made it to Day 2 though and will post about it later after my nap.